2019年10月份上映的聖人大盜,從我的觀點來看,他就是台版的聖人大盜,只是對照攻敵必救更少了那一份撼動人心的感覺。
攻敵必救是孫子兵法中,指攻擊敵人的要害,而解前方之圍,電影的原始英文名稱是Miss Sloane聚焦在伊莉莎白、思隆這個人。

在片中最後一段Sloane在聽證會上說的話最發人深省。
I have been censured by the press and by this hearing as a parasite on American democracy.
我被輿論和因為聽證會指責為寄生於美國民主制度的寄生蟲。It's insinuated that I led the fight for increased gun regulation in the interest of my career.
輿論影射我為了個人職業生涯的利益領導槍支法案的改革。Sometimes we act,not for ourselves,but because we believe plainly and simply it is the right thing to do.
有時採取行動並不是為了自己的利益,而是因為我們清楚明白的相信這是我們該挺身而出的事。I believe the Heaton-Harris Bill is the right thing to do.
我認為,希頓·哈里斯法案(槍枝管制法案,在片中是虛構的法案)就是這樣的事。But I also recognize that this wasn't what motivated me.
但是我也意識到,這並不是我的動力來源。When I was offered a position on the campaign,I was in thrall to the challenge.
當我獲得改革法案的職缺時,這個挑戰對我充滿了吸引力。My decision to accept was based on my desire to win.
基於這份想贏的慾望,我接下了這個職位。And to win bigger than I ever had before.
然後贏下一場空前絕後的大勝利。
It's clear that my behavior has fallen well short of acceptable ethical standards.
很明顯,我的行為在可接受的道德標準之下。I've crossed lines with devastating consequences in the service of my obsession.
因為我的恣意妄為和超越了底線而造成了毀滅性的後果。I've betrayed the people closest to me.
我傷害了那些親近我的人。
I've endangered lives.
我使他們的生命受到威脅。(在指他利用渲染受害者形象的事情)I deserve censure for this far more than for any filing irregularity.
相對於被指控非法行為,對於這些事情我更該被譴責。When they consider the Heaton-Harris Bill, I wish that each member of Congress would follow the example set, not by me, but by the group of people that sit behind me.
當他們審理《希頓·哈里斯法案》時,我希望每位國會議員都以身作則(follow the example set),不是我本人,而是坐在我背後的一群人。Who have made great sacrifices in the name of doing what they believe is right.
他們以用實際的行動來證明他們相信的價值,並作出了巨大的犧牲。I wish that those members would use their votes, not in the interest of their political advancement , but for what they believe is right for their country.
我希望這些國會議員利用他們的投票權,不是為了他們的政治利益,而是為了他們認為這麼做對他們的國家是對的。But I know my wishes are wasted.
但是我知道我的期望被糟蹋了。And that this will never happen.
而且永遠不可能發生Because our system is rotten.
因為我們的政治體系已經徹底腐敗。It doesn't reward honest politicians, who vote with their conscience.
政治體制並不獎勵誠實的政治家,特別是按照自己意願投票的政治家。It rewards rats
他獎勵那些政治人渣(原文翻譯是老鼠)。who are willing to sell out their country to keep their noses in the trough.
那些出賣自己國家願意來讓自己獲得金錢與權力(their noses in the trough)。Make no mistake.
從不犯錯。These rats are the real parasites on American democracy.
這些政治人渣才是美國民主的寄生蟲。I anticipated if we had sufficient success in lobbying for the Heaton-Harris Bill, there may be an assault against me personally, to stall our momentum and to damage our credibility.
我早以料到,如果我們在《希頓·哈里斯法案》遊說取得夠大的成功,就會對我個人進行攻擊,來阻擋法案的趨勢並攻擊我們的信用問題。Lobbying is about foresight.
遊說的奧義就在於洞燭機先。About anticipating your opponent's moves and devising counter-measures.
預測你對手的行動和制定戰略。The winner plots one step ahead of the opposition, and plays a trump card just after they play theirs.
贏家總是先對手一步策劃,然後在對手出牌之後打出致勝王牌。It's about making sure you surprise them.
確保你有能驚天一注。And that they don't surprise you.
但他們卻沒脫離你的掌握。When I left Cole, Kravitz, and Waterman,
當我離開柯式企業(美國遊說與律師事務所通常都合夥人聯名,中文翻譯為求簡單只翻譯第一位合夥人的名字。)I retained an operative of mine in their ranks.
我留下了一位臥底。A plan was hatched to bankroll a trumped-up hearing at the behest of the gun lobby.
這項計劃,要求在槍支遊說團的要求下舉行一場大型的聽證會。I placed George Dupont under surveillance until he met witha member of Congress who exhibited sufficient moral bankruptcy to collude with such a plan.
我開始監視喬治·杜邦(George Dupont)[他是柯式企業的老闆],直到他與國會議員會面,國會議員展露他的道德倫喪讓這一計劃得以實現。
後面的劇情大家也就知道了, 這一幕一直是全劇最震撼人心的一幕,因為他赤裸裸地讓金權的勾結真實地呈現在世人的眼前,知道利益如何腐敗著民主的社會,同為說客而誰才是大是大非的代表,每次最讓人感到痛苦與 悲傷的是最後一幕,主角和聖人大盜裡的徐菁一樣。
Miss Sloane也就是思隆小姐最後被關進了大牢,因為他竊聽國會議員等不法行為,而徐菁喪失了他的生命,雖然都只是電影,也只是虛構的劇情,但這個社會往往對那些 in the name of doing what they believe is right (以實際行動證明他們相信的價值,並作出了巨大的犧牲)的人重擊與批評,卻對那些掌權者與實際破壞社會公義的執政者護航與產生同情:
It doesn't reward honest politicians, who vote with their conscience.
政治體制並不獎勵誠實的政治家,特別是按照自己意願投票的政治家。It rewards rats
他獎勵那些政治人渣(原文翻譯是老鼠)。
人們捍衛自己的利益並沒有錯,就如同Sloane在攻敵必救中捍衛自由主義與市場干預,從中讓印尼人進口美國的棕櫚油可以不被提高關稅,但當政客們從政就是從每個人民的手上取得了他們手中權力的集合,以此原本該為社會與國家進行奉獻的政治家變成了民主社會的蠹蟲,侵害著社會的競爭力與自由主義的自由市場,這才是你們該死的地方,更重要的是屈服於財團與政治獻金,無恥的跪在財團與建商的前面,背棄自己對選民的承諾與放棄了追逐自己的理想, keep your noses in the trough.,悲哀又真實,但那些攻擊你們的意見not for ourselves,Who have made great sacrifices in the name of doing what they believe is right. 只是為了堅信的價值與拿出當初你的諾言一條一條的檢驗你。
I know my wishes are wasted.
And that this will never happen.
Because our system is rotten.
我知道我的期望將落空。
而且將永遠不會發生。
因為我們的政治體制已經徹底腐爛。
Awakening begins when a man realizes that he is going nowhere and does not know where to go.
當一個人意識到他無處可去,不知何去何從時,才能真正的覺醒。
0 留言